Open Letter to John Boehner


For those who say that individuals making minimum wage is unskilled and have no experience in a workforce peep this; as a mother I am a chemist because I have to mix my babies bottles, so tell me again how inexperienced I am. As a parent, I have to fix booboos which makes me a part of the medical field. So tell me again how inexperienced I am.  School days I spend most of my mornings getting the kids up and ready and out the door, that would make me a drill sergeant, so tell me again how inexperienced I am. In the evenings I have to make sense of a chaotic world and have to explain it to a four, five or six year old, that experience would make me an educator, so tell me again how inexperienced I am. During the day, I have to coordinate and prepare nutritious meals; that experience makes me a chef, short order cook, or dietician so tell me again how inexperienced I am. During the month, I have to pay bills, balance a checkbook, keep track of finances and make money stretch, that would make me a banker or an account, now tell me again how inexperienced I am. These are only but a few of the things I do every day and sometimes even I surprise myself with my ability to adapt and overcome whatever life throws my way. But to sit and listen to others proclaim that because I did not get paid for all this it does not count as work experience. So sad because many of those proclaiming I have no work experience would not last a day doing my job where I receive no pay,  so tell me again how inexperienced I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans