MUST SEE MOVIE REVIEW; Secrets in their Eyes


Let me begin first by advising anyone reading this article that I am not a professional movie reviewer but I do know what I like and am never afraid to share when I am moved by anything or anyone.  Having said that, I must admit that this movie did much more than move me, it demonstrated who we are as human beings and how even non-verbal communications and body language can inspire feelings in any movie-goer.

Secret in Their Eyes is rated as a PG-13 movie and categorized as a Crime, Drama, Mystery made on 20 November 2015 but it carries not only a star-studded cast but a story line that is often see but never felt to the degree this movie makes you feel.  It is described as “A tight-knit team of rising investigators, along with their supervisor, is suddenly torn apart when they discover that one of their own teenage daughters has been brutally murdered.” directed by Billy Ray with writers Billy Ray (screenplay) and Juan José Campanella.  It stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts and Dean Norris but those who were cast in supporting roles made this movie a blockbuster, in my opinion.

If you choose to watch this movie and I highly suggest you do, please be prepared for the emotional roller coaster it provides as well as the laughter and tears that comes with such an epic movie.  I did not know and hadn’t heard anything about this movie when it debuted in 2015 but thank God for Netflix and its ability to allow viewers to read the info section and possibly watch a trailer.

This is definitely one of my favorite movies and one that I can even watch with the kids which makes it a family event.  You know that a movie has what it takes to make it most memorable when you can repeat scenes verbatim and each time you do it either makes you laugh again or bring tears to your eyes.  Pay very close attention to the words not said, Julie Roberts acting without makeup and the subtle but substantial subplots that arises.  It is a MUST SEE for me and I can almost guarantee it will be a MUST SEE for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

The Sum Total of all our Experiences and our Reactions to Them By Dr. Ronnie Manns, NP, Psy,D., FAIHCP