Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

 

The movie Shelter is based on the bestselling series by Harlan Coben, it follows the story of Mickey Bolitar (Jaden Michael) after the death of his father leads him to start a new life in suburban New Jersey. When another new student disappears, Mickey finds himself tangled in a web of secrets. With the help of two new friends, Spoon (Adrian Greensmith) and Ema (Abigale Corrigan), they reveal a dark underground that may hold the answers to decades of disappearances.

Keeping me totally engrossed from the first episode to the last was not really the storyline or the actions and dramas, it was how awesomely those actors and actresses played their roles.  It seemed so effortless, watching them, that it was easy to forget it was a movie/series. I could not control my anxiousness to start the next episode.  Not many movies can make me feel the same emotions that the players were supposed to feeling but man, this was one and that journey this series took me on was one that I must go on again.

Whoever oversaw the casting, is a genius with the choices they made to cast this series?  I was even blown away by the supporting cast which included Didi Conn as Mrs. Friedman.  The subplots in this series were not as overwhelming as with most series and was just enough to give you background on the characters but not to overshadow the theme of the presentation like other shows have been known to do.

The one ranks within my top five most memorable movies/series and the most disappointing part of all this is hoping and praying that they make more of it.  For me, however, I have come to expect that the movies/series that take me on a glorious journey through space and screen are often the ones that they don’t renew.  This is one case where I pray that I am wrong so that my family and I can ride this magic carpet just one more time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans