Movie Review-Mending the Line

 

The movie “Mending the Line” is a story about a Marine wounded in Afghanistan who is sent to a V.A. facility in Montana where he meets a Vietnam Vet who teaches him how to fly fish as a way of dealing with his emotional and physical trauma. The films director is Joshua Caldwell, writer Stephen Camelio and stars Brian Cox, Patricia Heaton, and Perry Mattfeld.

Now when I saw the trailer, I was a little apprehensive about watching the movie because lately it seems that almost anything sends me back to my time in the Marines and host of unreconciled feelings as well as a few more nightmares but this one was different.  It showed true emotions and feelings as well as top notch action and drama, but the overall ending result was a massive feeling of joy and happiness that could never be explained or put into words.

I am not about to sit here and try and tell you the entire movie because there is no way that I could capture the beauty and satisfying mark it will leave on you.  All that I can do is strongly recommend it to anyone and especially those like myself that is still dealing with ghosts from their military service as well as those who may have not worn the uniform but served alongside someone who did.

There are few movies that I could watch repeatedly, and this is one of them.  Take an hour out of your day to view this movie because it will be the most enjoyable and memorable hour you may ever spend in front of a television.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

The Sum Total of all our Experiences and our Reactions to Them By Dr. Ronnie Manns, NP, Psy,D., FAIHCP