Tripoli Falls Again

As a former US Marine, I recall the song and stories of the “Battle of Tripoli” that was told and sung in basic training.  The words spoke about the Marines taking the city and yesterday this city falls again except it was taken back by its citizens instead of by an outside occupier.

Some time ago, I wrote an article for my blog Manns Medium where I said that this conflict would be over in less than six months.  I did not hear many experts even guess at the time frame but I did hear them express negative reaction to this decision by President Barack Obama.  I only wonder if they had their crow baked, roasted or fried? 

There were also some who questioned if the Republicans would care enough to give this president any credit but more than that, I question whether any reporter, commentator or journalist will do the same.  I did not expect the White House and this president to take a victory lap because he suffers from a deep sense of humility but wouldn’t it be nice if those who say they support him would finally start publicizing his victories for him or maybe I ask too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans