The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend-GOP working Hard to Damage Country

I consider it quite ironic that many of those who claim to love this country so much would do whatever may prove beneficial to them or their cause to achieve that goal at the expense of anything and anyone else.  Image in one breath saying how much you love your country and in the next, using language that gives those who don’t the ammunition they need to prove to their followers just how bad your country is.  And to top this off, those same mouthpieces has the audacity to say that their truth is not what anyone should be focused on, it should be their enemies’ faults.

Take for example and article titled “Giuliani in WSJ: 'I Didn't Intend To Question President Obama's Motives'  written by  Catherine Thompson in which she reports that  “former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) on Sunday took to the editorial pages of the Wall Street Journal to try to clarify his comments about President Barack Obama's love for the country.  Giuliani told a conservative audience last week including Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) that he didn't believe Obama "loves America." That comment sparked a days-long firestorm and had potential 2016 Republican presidential candidates jumping to tell the public whether they, too, believed Obama really "loves America" or not.  "My blunt language suggesting that the president doesn’t love America notwithstanding, I didn’t intend to question President Obama’s motives or the content of his heart," Giuliani wrote. "My intended focus really was the effect his words and his actions have on the morale of the country, and how that effect may damage his performance."

Like all of us who blog, tweet, post or comment on any subject, we need to be aware that what we do is viewed by so many others around the world.  Our words do have consequences and can be used to make someone else’s point whether positive or negative about our country.  I can only assume that since they could not beat him at the ballot box and stop him from fulfilling some of his campaign promises in the White House, it was decided by the few who runs and controls the many that this brand of belittlement was their only option left.  Just as John Boehner decided to vote numerous times to repeal but not replace Obamacare or invite Israel’s Prime Minister to speak to Congress at a most unethical time, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. 

Mr. Giuliani speaks about how this president never talks about American Exceptionalism and how his words have an effect on the morale of the country but least he forgets or just plainly don’t care so does his.  Any nation or individual with distaste for this president can now use the very words spilling out of the hole under his nose to demonstrate why this nation needs to be destroyed.  As a retired U. S. Marine, I believe that I have earned the right to chastise my country if I think it is doing something wrong but that does not mean I hate or don’t love it.  Only one who truly loves anything or anyone will have the heart to call it or them out when they may appear to be doing something which could damage them or it.  My belief of the very tenant which propels this nation above the rest is deeply rooted in the fact that those who love her will speak the truth about her and her history.  I believe that this is one of the unspoken inalienable rights and shall never be tested or has to be proven but then I am not one who seeks to sell their soul to the highest bidder, pushing a new book with my name on it that I didn’t write, running for any kind of position or simply seeking my fifteen minutes of fame.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans