Clear Example of how to control and Cast out Satan

Regardless of how you slant things, there are some stories which sparkle through that you cannot just shrug off and this is one of them.  It is a very clear example how we as Christians, can control and caste out Satan or any demon, if we have a mind to do so and our faith and spine are strong.

The story comes from TPM Live wire titled “GOP Staffer Apologizes For Telling Obama Daughters To Show 'A Little Class'.  It is written by Caitlin Mac Neal and it reports that “a Republican staffer apologized on Friday for comments she made about the way Sasha and Malia Obama dressed for the turkey pardoning ceremony on Wednesday.  Elizabeth Lauten, the communications director for Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-TN), wrote in a Facebook post that the Obama girls did not dress with "class" and looked like they were dressed for "a spot at a bar."
Read the full Facebook post:  Dear Sasha and Malia, I get you’re both in those awful teen years, but you’re a part of the First Family, try showing a little class. At least respect the part you play. Then again your mother and father don’t respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I’m guessing you is coming up a little short in the ‘good role model’ department. Nevertheless, stretch yourself. Rise to the occasion. Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar. And certainly don’t make faces during televised public events.” 

Now this is why so many have gotten their feathers in a bunch and raved about the post when it was revealed.  I can certainly understand their anger but what seems to be missed by others who read this article is what happened next.  Remember, you can only fix something if you know that it is broken and to have the heart, soul and spine to correct a mistake is the ultimate definition of a true Christian.  In Ms. Lauten apology it is reported she said “I reacted to an article and quickly judged the two young ladies in a way that I would never have wanted to be judged myself as a teenager. After many hours of prayer, talking to my parents and re-reading my words online, I can see more clearly how hurtful my words were," she wrote. "Please know that these judgmental feelings truly have no pace in my heart. Furthermore, I'd like to apologize to all of those who I have hurt and offended with my words, and pledge to learn and grow (and I assure you I have) from this experience."


Ms. Lauten cast out Satan with impunity and made it very clear that she is not the person we all assumed she was by the original comment.  Now those who slant will say that she changed her stance because of the entire blow back that she received but I say to you right now it was not that.  It was as she said in her apology.  Her parents and her person said no to those judgmental thoughts and she made the uncomfortable and sometimes treacherous move of correcting herself.  Ladies and gentleman, if you did not know how to control and caste out Satan or any demon, this is your guide.  I applaud Ms. Lauten, not for what she said in the beginning but what she did in the end because no matter how you begin a journey, the most important part of it is how you end it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans