My thoughts on the Republican Debate


While you will not see me asking for a Republican ballot at the polling place come the general election, I still was quite disturbed by the first Republican debate hosted by Fox and the Republican Party of South Carolina.  I was disappointed for several reasons but the ultimate was the disregard shown by those who had spoke like they were going to run, defended the party as if it was a close family member but did not show up at all.

According to a staff reporter for My Fox Phoenix in an article titled First Republican Presidential Debate Kicks Off, the reason “some top tier candidates were excluded from competing due to FOX rules specifying that candidates must have formed a presidential exploratory committee with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and paid a filing fee with the Republican Party of South Carolina.”  I believe that these debates had been scheduled far enough in advance that those top tier candidates had plenty of time to prepare.  Even though the fee may have been just money making scheme for the Republican Party of South Carolina, it should have been a small price to pay to represent the party that they say means so much to them.

It is my opinion that since they choose not to honor the voters with their presents, they should not be allowed to even run.  If you choose to throw your hat into the ring, you do not have the luxury of choosing when and where you answer to those who will be deciding to hire you or not.  What this tells me is they will pick and choose the times that they act presidential and we have already had too much of that.  I could understand if they knew in advance that the debate would be more like a school setting where several times the host asked for a show of hands instead of policies.  Watching the little that I did had me confused as to whether I was watching a group of presidential contenders or a group of school kids.

Those who showed, “former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Texas Congressman Ron Paul, businessman Herman Cain, former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum should be the only ones seen as taking this run seriously enough to be there.  The others were absent and make me wonder if they would try the same thing in the Oval Office when it can to making the tough decisions.  Just my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans