The Goodness of America


I touched the wings of an angel today and it felt like all was right with the world.  I didn’t know that I was speaking to an angel at first and only realized it long after the contact was over.  This feeling of euphoria still sticks with me and it is because of that that I would like to share it with you.

I have been involved in the Transportation industry for quite some time now and that combined with my years in the military plus all of my interactive experience with people; have made me come to believe that there are angels among us.  They are nothing like those we see in movies or in print and they do not come with halos or wings.  These angels are very similar to us and many times so much like us that it makes me wonder why we can not be much more of an angel than some of us already are.

The angel I met today went by the name of Jay and drove for a company called Natural State Carriers.  The first time I met him it was strictly business.  I had freight that was going where he needed to go and the money was a bit more than offered by others in this field.  Jay presented himself as just an ordinary man driving a truck and looking for a load to move.  I did not realize then that he was much more.  We concluded our business with mutual benefits and he went on his way.  I never thought anything else about it because that was yesterday.

Today though, the blessing was delivered because it is few and far between when you meet a driver who is willing to see those he come in contact with as much more than a means to an end.  This was the case with Jay.  When he arrived at his destination with the freight, he saw an older man attempting to unload that trailer all on his own.  Something spoke to Jay and he was compelled to help this gentleman get the freight off the truck.  Now under normal conditions, if the driver helps unload his own truck, there would have to be a monetary incentive, however this was not the case here. 

The most beautiful part of this act was not to be seen doing it nor to receive any kind of reward for it.  The most beautiful part was that Jay saw this gentleman as more than a means to an end, he saw him as a friend.  A neighbor who may have never asked for help but appreciated and did need it.  A fellow human being that may have looked different than he but had almost the same hopes and dreams that he did.  Jay saw him as a fellow American and a brother in the cause of just trying to make a living, to feed his family and make a decent wage.  I will be forever grateful for having the opportunity to have met this angel and I will try even harder now to live up to the standard that he set.  Jay was not obligated to help or requested to assist, he did it out of the goodness of his heart and because well, that’s what angels do.

YOU CAN SEE AND READ OTHER ARTICLES LIKE THIS AT www.mannsmedium.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans