How good it feels to be employed again

My dream ended on the day I had to shut the doors of my business because a one-man shop could not compete with well established businesses especially with the economy crashing as it had.  That day was December 12, 2009.

Since that time I have lost everything that I had worked so hard to obtain and took a serious hit to my manhood.  Seeing the look in the eyes of my children when they learned our fate, did little to make things any better.  There was no unemployment compensation for me because of being self-employed and even after surviving a family of 10 with a single mother, this sequence of events seemed insurmountable.  The only place left to turn besides family was my faith in God that things would get better.

April 22, 2011 my prayers were answered and a new job was mine.  It’s funny that it is exactly the same job that I had been doing so I attribute acquiring this position to my experience.  It’s also strange that other agencies that I had contacted never returned my request and a few used my credit score to determine my worthiness to work.  It’s strange because these companies were not as high on the status ladder as the one who finally hired me.  What I got in the end was an opportunity to prove my worth to a company that should be listed as a Fortune 500 business in the Transportation and Brokerage Industry.

I look back now and think that I have figured out the lesson that the past events are trying to teach me.  I believe the lesson to be, never put a job before family and never allow the judgment of you by another become how you judge yourself.  I am worthy and regardless of how long it takes, God will provide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans