Ron Paul’s late entry into the Republican Presidential Race

I have been following Ron Paul for quite some time now and much of what he says I can agree with.  I do not agree with how he wants to get there but I can clearly understand why he wants to go.  Imagine my confusion when I heard that he had launched an exploratory committee again.  After watching Donald Trump play the media for every dime that he could get, I then began to question the motives of Ron Paul.

He captured a lot of young votes and I am sure made quite a bit of money for his war chest but hearing his take on topics beginning to sound like those of Donald Trump and Pat Buchanan, I began to get a little frightened that he had drank some of the strange tea brew.  I began to think that he had made so much money running, but never winning that he had begun to believe that he found a gold mine.  I think that now he has shared that with his son who is now looking to take over the family business some day.

The Bible says, “judge not and ye shall not be judged” but when it comes to those who really have no business even thinking about being president of anything, I think this is one sin that I will have to own and wear with pride.  If those same people who rail against extending unemployment benefits and health insurance for all, while strongly defending keeping the Bush tax cuts fir the rich, how can them even fathom being a president for all people.  They seem to support turning Medicaid into a voucher program while dismantling Medicare as we know it and still have the audacity to say that they know what the American people want.  How can you side with 23% of the public and call yourself standing and fighting for the majority, unless my calculations are off 77% is far greater than 23, but then I could be wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

The Sum Total of all our Experiences and our Reactions to Them By Dr. Ronnie Manns, NP, Psy,D., FAIHCP