The rewrite of Tiger Woods

When I first saw the titled of Buzz Bissinger article as found in the Daily Beast Tiger Woods Is Never Coming Back, I was confused to how he came about this until I took a few minutes to read it before assuming what he meant.  While I am not still completely clear on his take, I do see similar stances between him and me on this subject. 

I believe his main take was “The march of Tiger now routinely fizzles out, and what happened at that early hole at Augusta wasn’t triumph at all but a bittersweet false spring, a flickering reminder of what he was but will never be again. The confident swagger up the fairway, the snickering asides to his caddy as challenger after challenger fell like tin cans in the wind, the belief, so often right, that he could not and would not lose, is gone. Just as so many millions of us witnessed his remarkable ascent, so many of us are witnessing his equally remarkable destruction.”  This point here I understand it but have to totally disagree with.  What is being witnessed is not the destruction of Tiger but a rebuilding.  A rebuilding which will not be completed in one day or maybe in several days but a rebuilding just the same. 

The point that I agree wholeheartly with is when Mr. Bissinger said “What I am convinced he does care about is the loss of his two young children from his life on a permanent basis. Whatever he did, fatherhood was precious to him. Anybody who knew him on the Tour will tell you that.”   This I can guarantee is the cause behind his reconstruction period.  He must now learn how to be a good father from long distance which in itself is no small task.  Once he comes to grips with that, Tiger will rebound because the best outlet will be his golf.  So when Mr. Bissinger says that Tiger Woods is never coming back, if he means that golf machine that we knew, I agree but if he means to be seen no more on the course and burning it up, I strongly disagree.  There is only two people who know for sure and that is Tiger Woods and his God but considering his past and this present, I stand firm that the new Tiger will appear on the golf scene leaner and meaner.

More related articles can be found at

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

The Sudden Concern about a Democracy in Decay

Know Yourself by Knowing Your Child