My fight to survive is a shared sacrifice


I never thought that I was alone in my fight to survive during this economic cavern but I had no idea just how much company I had until after reading a Cristina Silva of the Associated Press article titled  Nevada family fights for survival in down times.  It illuminated my status when it said Tera Burbank and John Clark are construction workers who have been out of work for more than a year.  While I am not a construction worker, I have been unemployed for over a year.

It added that “they live off unemployment and student loans. Bills go unpaid and minor spats escalate into tense threats of divorce. Their daughters are performing poorly at school, and guidance counselors and teachers blame stress.”  I do not receive unemployment nor can I secure any student loans because I still have one that I have not paid off.  I am a single father so I do not have spats with a spouse but I do have to deal with the decline of my manhood each and everyday that I go without re-opening my business or finding a job.

Banks and Corporate America have the ability to end this suffering by paying their fair share of the taxes that they have been avoiding all these years.  They have the ability to stop this suffering by getting up off the over 2 million dollars that they are currently sitting on and invest in the citizens of their own country.  They have the ability to end this suffering by lending to small businesses which has always been the engine of growth and they can do more by being a part of the solution.

Regardless of what banks and Corporate America does, I know that I will survive and thrive in the coming days.  I know this because the Bible tells me so and so does the recent signs of the economy coming back.  I might not have that perfect credit or can find investors to help me get my inventions to market but I know that day will come.  As the Bible say, God will always make a way.  Keep the faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans