Are Males raised primarily by Women moodier than those who are not?

Being from a primarily single mother household myself, I have begun to pay close attention to my actions and those of men I know who were raised with a strong male figure in their lives.  This observation and introspection has only recently been first on my mind as I’ve tried to figure out why children act the way that they do.  In an effort of full disclosure, it must be made clear that I am not an expert in this field but life experience does allow me some insight.
 I am convinced that many of us born and raised primarily by a strong female tend to have a better understanding of women and are more sensitive than many who have not.  I am convinced that many of us are not afraid to stop in ask for directions and less afraid to admit when we are wrong.  I am convinced that many of us wish to have as much information as possible before making a decision about anything and in our later years are much more cautious about any action we take.  I am convinced that many of us will look for the best in people long before we look for the worst but quarantine those who cross us much faster than those who were not.  I am convinced that we will search for a less violent answer but because we are also full of testosterone we can be as violent as anyone else if it comes to that.  We are full of compassion but we can also switch without warning if what we hold dear is threatened.
A few of those things that I am convinced of are shared with those males who did grow up with a strong male figure in their lives.  The major difference is those raised primarily by women try a little harder to fit the male role than those who were not.  I see this now more than ever with my nephew who was raised primarily by my mother and now that I have had a chance to step in and help her with him for these past few years, I see him struggling to find his way.  Because he is family, I find myself trying so hard to understand him and honestly see his side before passing judgment and deciding his discipline for violations of her rules.
Maybe he is trying too hard to fit in with the children who have had a strong presence of a male in their lives from birth or maybe he is just being a rebellious teenager?  Either way I suggest we all take a few minutes to honestly try to understand why another would come to the decision that they have instead of assuming that we have all of the answers.  When it comes to traveling the road of life we should never be afraid to stop in ask directions because if we don’t, we will never find our way.  We need to realize that there may be many ways to get to where we are going besides the way we have chosen but then all of this could just be a figment of my imagination and I could be wrong. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans