Overcoming the downfalls of a struggling Economy

In December of 2010, it became clear that the only way that I would be able to survive, feed, cloth and provide for my family was to shut the doors of my businesses and secure employment elsewhere.  I had thought that with my knowledge and experience this would not be a hard thing to do.  I was wrong.

Being born into a family of nine brothers and sisters with a single mother as our only form of support, I considered it a well traveled path of being unemployed and scratching to make ends meet.  I had not counted on the change of personality that had befallen me after so many years serving in the United States Marines.  In the Marines, I learned more than I ever thought about when it came to loyalty, determination, drive, initiative and dedication.  These became a bigger part of me and with it came the overwhelming feeling of controlling my own destiny. Not being able to do the things that I am supposed to do, weights on me heavier and heavier each day and even more when I consider all of the experience and history that I have amassed.  The need to keep Appling for job after job, hearing that I am over-qualified or running into an interviewer who is more concerned that I am after their job than just getting a job, was beginning to take its toll.

A decision was made to pursue activities that I believe myself to be uniquely suited to do which is writing.  Because of that, I am now inking my diatribes on a new website Manns Medium created through BlogSpot.  (www.mannsmedium.blogspot.com).   What I expect to happen and what God has planned may be two different things but what I can no longer wait on is the whim of anyone else.  We all have to take charge of our own destiny and stop leaving it up to anyone else to get us where we want to go.  I might not make it there but I will always be able to say that I tried.  Sometimes the end of a journey is not as satisfying as the journey itself.  Take charge of your own life and do whatever it takes to get up the next morning, tomorrow is another day and living life is a choice worth making.  To overcome the downfalls of a struggling economy, realize that your place in the sun is not determined by the sun itself but where you are standing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans