Could Our Dreams Be A Glimpse of Our Previous Lives?

Biblical conversations mentioned that while food nourishes the body, God’s major concern was the passing of his word to nourish the soul.  Many of us have heard that the body is but a temple for the soul which after we died shall return from whence it came, ashes to ashes and dust to dust but the soul lives on.

I have had many dreams of places where I have never been, situation that I could not recall ever being involved in and people that I don’t remember ever meeting.  Even thought the places are places where I have never been they did seem so familiar and the situation that I can not recall ever being involved in were situations that in this dream, I was deeply involved.  So goes that of the strangers in these dreams that were not strangers at all even though I did not remember ever meeting them. 

The places were unfamiliar to me yet I was able to traverse them as if I was a native of them.  Nothing looked like anything that I possessed but I was able to locate any item that I was seeking without being told where that item was.  Only after awaking did I come to understand that I could not recall ever being there in this life.

The situations were also unfamiliar to me but again I was reacting to them in these dreams as if it was second nature.  I knew information to help navigate those situations that after waking had no real clue how I knew them.  Even after thinking for many hours and attempting to recall anything which would help explain how I was able to navigate them. 

The people were unfamiliar to me but I knew them by name.  I was able to recount siblings of these strangers in my dream and after awaking had no idea where that could have been possible.  The faces do not remain long in my conscientious after awaking but the remnants of the interaction lasts for quite some time.

What if our dreams are a glimpse of our past lives?  How could this information be used to explain our destinies or if destiny exists at all?  If it is the case where the soul remains and returns, how many past lives would it retain?  Would these glimpses be those of the life prior to this one of a mixture of important events from all past lives?  I don’t know personally but I do know that each dream gives me a little better understanding of me and the more I acknowledge the dreams the better the person I think that I become.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans