Deciphering the Bible

Often times when I enter a conversation with someone who label themselves a Christian or attend church services regularly, the first question that I encounter is “What church do you attend?”  While this may be a valid point from their prospective, it has no bearing for me.  I tend not to be verbally rude but it makes me want to ask them why it really matters.  Is one church better than the other or is it because one feels more at home in a particular one?  Either way the conversation continues.  Since I do not attend any building called a church regularly, those who do tend to dismiss my thoughts on the Bible as if you have to attend regularly in order to have any.  Because of these conversations, I have decided to share with you my thoughts so that all many know and if one day you happen to come upon me, you can now decide early to ignore them.

I believe that the 39 books of the Old Testament is a history of biblical times before the birth of Christ.  I believe that the laws written during those times should be followed as much as humanly possible.  I think that the expert on the wishes of the Lord during that time is Moses and all others compliment him.  It is my belief that the 27 books of the New Testament not only adds to the previous Testament but enhances it and bring it into a more understanding light.  Out of the 27 books of the New Testament, I think Matthews best answers any question for anyone seeking them.  Try this exercise.  Think up a question, close your eyes and open the Bible.  You should find that the first passage your eyes come upon will have the answer you seek.  It works for me 100% of the time and I think it will work for you. 

Knowing that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes, it should not be expected for those who label themselves as Christian be forced to live up to the standard that Jesus sat.  No one can do that but if you are going to parade around as if calling yourself a Christian gives you some sort of superior status then you should at least try very hard to conduct yourself within that framework.  I am, by no means, an expert in this field nor do I play one of television but I do carry with me the love of God and the compassion for his children each and every day.  We all are children of God regardless of type and style of worship; I do not need a building to tell me that because the Bible tells me so.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans