The Audacity of Man

Have you ever noticed that there seemed to be one standard for women in our society and another one for men?  Being a man, I noticed this trend some time ago but never thought that it would get as bad as it is today.    I’ve also noticed another trend that I think needs to be exposed.

I have begun to notice how men who think that they are the best thing since crushed ice can troll the bars and try to pick up as many women as possible, think its terrible if a female does the same.  These men think it’s a badge of honor to conquer as many women as they can in their lifetime but will throw a fit if the lady that they are seeing even talks to another man.   Now I understand that the past should remain in the past and should only be used to learn from but if the party in question continues after committing himself to another then that’s another story.

Now women, do not climb upon that high horse and think that this disease only affects the male population because you would be wrong.  You stand just as guilty as the males in some regards.  I rail against the males mainly because I am male and it’s problematic for me to have the vast majority of us not knowing how to keep it in their pants.  Now don’t get me wrong, I am not without fault.  I have made many mistakes in the past but the difference is knowing and accepting those mistakes.  The object is not wanting to change but honestly trying to.

There is a saying “lead by example” and that is what I am most about today because I do not wish my sons to ever have to endure the ups and downs as a man that I endured.  These ups and downs may have made me stronger but they have also made me smarter.  Not smarter regarding a better way to cheat because as with all things, what you do in the dark will always come to the light, but with being true to myself and the type of man I want to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review-Harlan Coben's Shelter

The Determination of History to Repeat Itself is Due to our Cowardice to Stop It

Something to Think About Regarding These State’s Abortion Bans